Business Shredding Services
Does your Houston business need document shredding? Perhaps it’s a one-time purge or cleanout of old documents or maybe you need scheduled business shredding services? No job is too big or too small for Data Shredding Services in Houston and we can to help you with all of your document shredding needs!
Business Shredding Houston
Houston business shredding services help protect organizations confidential information while maintaining compliance with state and federal privacy laws. Houston is the 4th largest city in the U.S., and is home to many commercial organizations as well ashome andcorporate offices, so it is no wonder that document shredding is such an integral part of a Houston business shredding commercial program.
Data Shredding Services will be glad to assist your business in developing a document shredding program designed specifically to meet the needs of your commercial business. We specialize in the secure destruction of all types of documents as well as micro-media, hard drives, and much more! We can assist you with all of your business shredding needs!
- We offer our Houston commercial shredding clients security consoles or containers Free of Charge with regularly scheduled service.
- These containers are strategically placed throughout your facility and serviced weekly, bi-monthly, or monthly on a predetermined shredding schedule.
- Other schedules may be implemented as well depending on the needs of your business.
- Contact us today for more information!
Why is document shredding necessary for your Houston business?
- PROTECT your customers’ privacy.
- PREVENT identity theft.
- OBEY PRIVACY LAWS, requiring shredding.
- PROTECT their employees’ privacy
- PROTECT your company by safeguarding proprietary trade information.
Business Shredding and Your Legal Responsibility:
The Fair & Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA) was designed to reduce the risk of consumer fraud and identity theft created by improper disposal of consumer information. According to the FTC’s FACTA DISPOSAL RULE, ‘Any person who maintains or otherwise possesses consumer information for a business purpose” must properly destroy discarded consumer information. This law applies to essentially every person, and business in Houston with potentially severe penalties awaiting violators!
Recently, the Attorney General of Texas filed charges against a nearby medical facility for discarding patient information without destroying it first. According to reports they supplied, the fines could reach over $1 million. (Reported by Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, January 11, 2008). Don’t let your Houston business be the next to be fined!
The Benefits of Business Shredding Services:
- Save hours of time and money!
- You do not need to remove staples, paper clips or folders!
- Eliminate manual, time consuming shredding
- Never buy another office shredder
- Never worry about messy recycling bags again
- Never pay another repair bill on your office shredder
- No more mess to clean up
- Never worry about shredded paper or secure documents winding up in your trash dumpster
Weighing the cost of paper shredding services against the price your organization could pay for a security breach is a simple decision. Join the thousands of people in Houston and surround areas that utilize document shredding for their business.
By choosing Data Shredding Services in Houston to manage your sensitive documents, you will minimize your risk of a much greater cost down the road. The cost associated due to a breach could ruin everything you have worked so hard to achieve.
Many of our Houston clients elect to treat all of their documents equally and adopt a ‘shred-all’ policy. This helps to avoid the chance for your confidential documents winding up in the garbage or in the wrong hands. Mistakes can happen. Usually because someone without training has made a poor decision and this often results in documents being thrown away. Minimize your Risk! Never let your documents go into the trash! SHRED everything!